Saturday, April 7, 2012

I don't know much but I know this one thing


One of my favorite stories in the Bible is found in John 9. It is about a random guy on the street. He had been born blind and Jesus healed him. When the officials of the time questioned him about it (trying to disprove Jesus) the man finally just told them ““Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!”  I believe that man probably was able to tell better of God’s love just by sharing what God had done for him.

This man’s story was his testimony to what God can do. I love that Jesus didn’t go to theological places of the time, didn’t check the man’s ID or find out what clubs he belonged to. He didn’t go looking for the best public speaker or the one with the most Bible knowledge. Just a man, a normal guy on the street.

This gives me hope. J

I don’t know much but I know this one thing. My heart was broken. No not just broken but smashed into a million pieces, even the best puzzle solver couldn’t have put it back together. Until God the healer came in and mended it. He replaced the broken pieces and made me whole again. I don’t have fancy words or deep theological thoughts. I just have a story. I was broken and now I am healed. Where there was once devastation, there now lies hope. Where there was once sorrow there is joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment